Oh No, Yaya Is Leaving!

.
It's been a year since I closed Divine Help, our maids and yayas agency, but I still get a lot of calls from mommies and homemakers about problems with their househelpers.  I know, I know....the world is evolving and the more modern our world has become, the harder it is to get trusted maids for our homes.  I know exactly how it feels when our maid suddenly decides to quit.  I used to cry (literally cry, my world comes crashing down on me) when yaya says goodbye, especially when the kids were smaller.

I can handle all kinds of stress --an angry boss, a yelling client, a fight with my husband, bickering kids--but not a household full of three kids with no helper.  I've always been a working mom, you see (excuses, excuses).  And Filipina moms are exceedingly, truly dependent on yayas (that's a Filipino term for nanny) -- more of a cultural thing, really.




So here's something I want moms to understand about maids and yayas -- they've changed.  Evolved.  Their breed is now a whole lot different from your lola's maids who stayed for 25 years and worked for the family almost forever. Take a look at THIS ARTICLE to get a better perspective of things.



(note: when you click THIS ARTICLE and the page says  FORBIDDEN, that means the publisher blocked the link.  Bring your cursor to the space beside the last character of the URL then press enter..and you'll be taken to the page.   URL: http://gomestic.com/family/household-help-10-things-to-understand-so-you-can-keep-them-longer/PRESS ENTER )










.

Comments

  1. HI Friend. You have a very nice and informative site, this has helped me and i found it very useful for my reading, thanks for your writing and hope to see your update...

    Thanks

    news, Breaking news, world, politics,spotrs, hot news, trainning, Learn how to do, What is , Advices, knowledge,,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Some Things New Triond Members and Online Writers Ought To Know

How To Track International Packages

Quick Test For Modals