Quick Test For Modals

Having reviewed the  Rules in Using Modals, let’s practice :   


Part One :   Complete the sentence using the modal that is best suited to the sentence:

  1. You seem to be having trouble there. ________ I help you ? ( Would Will Shall )
  2. I don't have enough money to buy lunch. ________ you lend me a hundred pesos? ( May Could Shall )
  3. It's way past my bedtime and I'm really tired. I ________ go to bed. (should may  could)
  4. He ________ have committed the crime. He wasn't even in the city that night. ( might shouldn't couldn't)
  5. Miss Reyes, we've finished our report for today. _______ we leave now, please? (May Can Must)
  6. Mandy said that you didn't have to buy her anything on her birthday, but I really think you  ______ at least give her some flowers. (might, will, should)
  7. Oh my God, he's unconscious. Don't move him -- he _______ have internal injuries. Somebody call an  ambulance.  (may, might, must)
  8. Nina said she would come over right after work, so she __________ be here by six o'clock. (must, could, should)
  9. You ________ be kidding! That can't be true!  (must, could, may)
  10. Such a luxurious trip ________ cost a fortune.  (should, must, might)
  11. The book says that you ________ use an organic brand to avoid skiing irritation. (will, would, should)
  12. I told my boss that he ________ take another look at her  resume and consider her  for the position.  (must, can, should)
  13. That ________ have been absolutely fascinating!  (would, must, might)
  14. We should invite Sally to come to the picnic on Saturday. We haven't seen her in weeks and she _______  really enjoy a nice day in the beach.  (can, might, must)
  15. Experts agree that to make the most of your language learning experience, you ________ practice the language regularly.  (can, could, must)
     
If you want to stop now and want to check out your answers,  click HERE.    




We might  finish this if we hurry! 




But if you want to challenge yourself some more,  here’s Part Two :

 Would, Could, Should, Might.
1.  Donna :       If I win the ten million peso lottery jackpot, I ________ afford to quit my 
     job and travel the world.
2.  Sam :         Where ________ you go if you have that much money?
3.  Donna :       I don't know . I ________ choose to spend a year in America -- or 
     perhaps I ________ go to Africa.
4.  Sam :         How often do you buy lottery tickets?
5.  Donna :       Never ... I guess if I want to win the lottery, I ________ try buying 
     some tickets. 
6.  Sam :         That ________ help.


7.  Waitress :   Hi, my name is Sandy. I'll be your waitress tonight. What can I get for 
     you?
8.  Tony :         I haven't decided yet. I there anything you ________ recommend? Is 
      there anything you think I ________ try?
9.  Waitress : You ________ try our pasta -- or perhaps our salads. They're both 
      delicious.
10.Tony :        That sounds wonderful, but that ________ be a little too simple for me. 
      Actually, the prawns sound good. ________ I have the barbequed prawns?
11. Waitress : Sure, ________ you like a salad with that?
12. Jane :        What ________ we look for in a candidate when we vote in a 
       presidential election?
13. Peter :       I think citizens ________ vote for a president who has the ability to 
       improve the quality of life in the country.
14. Jane :       What ________ you do if you were president of the country?
15. Peter :      I ________ focus on environmental pollution and the economy.
 

Now, click HERE   to  check  if your answers are correct.   



Other Quick Tests you can take : 



Related Articles : 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Things New Triond Members and Online Writers Ought To Know

How To Track International Packages