Answers to Quick Test For Modals




After taking the Quick Test for The Use Of Modals,  it’s time to see how you fared.  



Part One

  1. You seem to be having trouble there. Shall  I help you ?
  2. I don't have enough money to buy lunch. Could  you lend me a hundred pesos?
  3. It's way past my bedtime and I'm really tired. I should  go to bed.
  4. He couldn’t  have committed the crime. He wasn't even in the city that night.
  5. Miss Reyes, we've finished our report for today. May / Can   we leave now, please?
  6. Mandy said that you didn't have to buy her anything on her birthday, but I really think you  should  at least give her some flowers.
  7. Oh my God, he's unconscious. Don't move him -- he might / may  have internal injuries. Somebody call an  ambulance. 
  8. Nina said she would come over right after work, so she should  be here by six o'clock. 
  9. You must  be kidding! That can't be true! 
  10. Such a luxurious trip must  cost a fortune. 
  11. The book says that you should use an organic brand to avoid skiing irritation. 
  12. I told my boss that he should  take another look at her  resume and consider her  for the position. 
  13. That must  have been absolutely fascinating! 
  14. We should invite Sally to come to the picnic on Saturday. We haven't seen her in weeks and she might   really enjoy a nice day in the beach. 
  15. Experts agree that to make the most of your language learning experience, you must  practice the language regularly. 
We might finish this if we hurry!


Part Two 
  

Would, Could, Should, Might.
1.  Donna :       If I win the ten million peso lottery jackpot, I could  afford to quit my 
     job and travel the world.
2.  Sam :         Where would  you go if you have that much money?
3.  Donna :       I don't know . I might  choose to spend a year in America -- or perhaps 
     I would  go to Africa.
4.  Sam :         How often do you buy lottery tickets?   Donna :       Never ... I guess if I 
     want to win the lottery, I should  try buying some tickets.
5.  Sam :         That should  help.


6.  Waitress :   Hi, my name is Sandy. I'll be your waitress tonight. What can I get for 
      you? 
     Tony      :   I haven't decided yet. I there anything you could  recommend? Is there 
     anything you think I should  try?
7.  Waitress : You could  try our pasta -- or perhaps our salads. They're both delicious.
     Tony :        That sounds wonderful, but that might  be a little too simple for me. 
     Actually, the prawns sound good. Could  I have the barbequed prawns?
8.  Waitress : Sure, would  you like a salad with that?

9.  Jane :        What should  we look for in a candidate when we vote in a presidential 
      election?
10. Peter :       I think citizens should  vote for a president who has the ability to 
      improve the quality of life in the country.
11. Jane :       What would  you do if you were president of the country?
12. Peter :      I would  focus on environmental pollution and the economy.
 

If you got it all correct,  good job!   But if you didn’t,  Review The Rules again and Retake The Test  till you get a perfect score.  Practice, after all, makes perfect.    


Other Quick Tests you can take : 


Related Articles : 

A Quick Review On Verb Usage for Busy People


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Things New Triond Members and Online Writers Ought To Know

How To Track International Packages

Quick Test For Modals